Emotional intelligence (EQ) in a manager is the ability to manage your own emotions, and recognise the emotional needs of your team and manage them accordingly. Emotionally intelligent managers are able to deal with difficult employees, a demanding boss, rapid changes in the workplace and unexpected problems while keeping a level head and a self-confident attitude.
This intensive 2 day course will equip all who attend with surprisingly simple, yet effective ways to deal competently with current and future issues in the workplace. You will discover your current level of EQ, and receive techniques for managing staff in an EQ astute manner.
Once mastered, EQ will help you to choose your battles wisely, behave assertively and confront sticky situations with confidence. Learn the techniques to become more inspirational, more encouraging, more directive and more persuasive and above all, respected for who you are and not just for your job title.
Key learning areas covered during this course include:
* Understanding the impact that Emotional Intelligence has on leadership and motivation within your organisation
* Discovering the 6 cornerstones of emotional competence and how to use this framework to assess your own emotional intelligence
* Identifying the needs, wants and expectations of your staff by using EQ to communicate intelligently and assertively
* Building intelligent and strong relationships by applying EQ for managing conflicts, team performance and managing generation or culture gaps
* Motivating and driving your organisation’s performance using Emotional intelligence to achieve your business strategy
* Becoming a champion in Emotional Intelligence so you can manage your own emotions (such as anger and stress) y as well as the emotions of your staff effectively