Back in 2015, Millennials surpassed Generation X as the largest workforce demographic, and their presence is creating a need for foundational shifts inside the office. There are many negative stereotypes associated with this generation – perceived as the “me, me, me” generation, they are sometimes characterised as job-hoppers who are entitled, lazy and focused on instant gratification.
But, Millennials possess many positive attributes that enable them to add enormous value in the workplace if they are managed correctly.
As the generation that grew up with technology, they know how stay hyperconnected with people and information. This ability, combined with youthful exuberance and the tendency to generate novel ideas can accelerative innovation and productivity at any company.
The Millennial generation grew up with a very different value system than they face in the workplace. From their perspective, effort and participation were valued and rewarded, but at work, results are what matter! Many Millennials find the workplace frustrating and confusing, and find their managers disinterested or hostile.
This 1 Day “Managing Millennials” course will help managers to better understand Millennials and how to bring the best out of them. By learning how to effectively communicate and lead Millennials your company will we well position to attract and retain the top millennial talent, and set yourself apart from your competitors.
Your comprehensive programme includes:
– Understanding the different generations that make up the workforce and why it is important to manage them differently so that you get the best out of each of them
– Examining the core characteristics of Millennials so that you can better understand their actions enabling you to work with them more effectively
– Exploring how Millennials view authority, loyalty and respect and the impact that this will have on your management style ensuring you attract and retain your top talent
– Identifying what Millennials value most in the workplace ensuring you create an environment that attracts the “best of the best” giving you a competitive advantage
– Understanding how your communication needs to be adapted to allow you to engage with Millennial employees and ensure clear communication and better business results
– Shifting from “managing” to “leading” Millennials and understanding why this shift is so important to get the absolute best out of your Millennial employees