New managers are often promoted due to their quality of work and not necessarily due to their management skills…
Successfully managing full time and contract staff under the strict South African labour laws is an extremely delicate task. Both Line and HR Managers must be 100% certain that their actions are completely compliant, procedurally fair and equitable if they are to avoid costly compensation orders from the CCMA. When dealing with complex issues like: chairing disciplinary hearings, inefficiency, absenteeism, medical incapacity, tardiness, theft and any other challenging staff-related issue, managers need to adhere strictly to the labour law edicts, whilst still performing in a way that has the company’s best interest at heart.
This practical two day course with a top South African labour law specialist will provide HR and Line Managers with the critical information they must keep in mind when managing, hiring, disciplining, censoring, dismissing or retrenching staff.
Key Benefits of attending this course:
* Preventing and avoiding unexpected labour issues by understanding the definitions, limitations and legal position regarding temporary and contract workers
* Discovering the most efficient, compliant and effective ways of dealing with a multitude of staff related issues, including: misconduct, poor performance and incapacity
* Dealing tactfully with staff situations by having a working knowledge of employee and employer rights in terms of current labour legislation in SA
* Knowing the rights of permanent or contract staff, when interviewing or hiring, so that you can establish and maintain a legally sound business relationship
* Understanding issues surrounding sick leave and maternity leave so that you are aware of the number of days off an employee is entitled to and plan accordingly
* Improving communication in the organisation so that you know how, when and where to chastise, criticise and discipline staff
* Dealing with “problem” employees so that you can differentiate between poor performance, misconduct and incapacity to perform
* Handling reports of discrimination or harassment effectively according to best practice so that your organisation avoids CCMA or trade union action
This course is available as both a blended training option (online) and classroom training option. The price varies dependent on the training option chosen:
Classroom – R 6 675 Ex VAT
Blended – R 6 075 Ex VAT
Please feel free to contact us for more information or to enquire about possible course dates.