One of today’s business requirements is the skill to be able to conduct and chair a procedurally correct disciplinary enquiry.
Our course content is based on legal requirements as well as practical application with the concepts of fairness and effective procedure as the main motive.
To equip individuals with the knowledge and skills needed to chair a disciplinary hearing.
- Understanding the legal and documentary requirements
- Preparation by Chair – venue, documentation, recording of hearing
- Understanding the Disciplinary process
- Understanding different types of evidence
- Conducting a procedurally correct disciplinary hearing.
- Understanding the concepts of onus of proof, substantive fairness, procedural fairness, evaluation of evidence, determining sanction etc.
INDIVIDUAL LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the conclusion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Chair a procedurally correct disciplinary hearing
- Determine the appropriate outcomes of the hearing
- Effectively determine relevant evidence.
Our training methodology is based on current work place issues. In class role plays focus on these situations. This practical process equips the learner with the skills needed to conduct a procedurally correct disciplinary enquiry and to determine relevant evidence to make a fair decision.
This course prepares individuals for situations which will arise before and during the disciplinary hearing.