Diversity in today’s workforce is the norm. Globalisation and the need for a variety of skills leads to diverse workforces across the world.
Learning to manage a diverse work team is one of the critical management skills team leaders must have in order to succeed.
This course equips team leaders the skills and tools needed to manage a diverse work team while at the same time achieving organisational goals.
To learn how to manage a diverse team in the workplace
- Managing a diverse team
- Dealing with disagreements
- Diversity in the workplace
- Valuing diversity
Individual Learning Outcomes - Aligned to Specific Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the reality of diversity and its value in a unit
- Manage team members taking into account similarities and differences
- Deal with disagreements and conflicts arising from diversity in a unit
- Demonstrate knowledge ad understanding of diversity in the workplace
Assessment Criteria and Methdology
- Participation in class discussions, exercises and role plays
- Self-assessment which measures individual self-awareness
- In-class completion of Portfolio of Evidence
- Submission of post course workplace written assignment
ENTRY LEVEL: Strictly Level 4/Grade 12/Matric, Mathematical literacy – NQF Level 4, Computer literacy – NQf Level 4
Course is conducted in English - Grade 12 level.