Diversity in today’s workforce is the norm. Globalisation and the need for a variety of skills leads to diverse workforces across the world.
Learning to manage a diverse work team is one of the critical management skills team leaders must have in order to succeed.
This course equips team leaders with the skills and tools needed to manage a diverse work team while at the same time achieving organisational goals.
To learn how to manage a diverse team in the workplace
- Diversity in the workplace
- Valuing diversity
- Managing a diverse team
- Dealing with disagreements
INDIVIDUAL LEARNING OUTCOMES - ALIGNED TO SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
At the conclusion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of diversity in the workplace
- Demonstrate understanding of the reality of diversity and its value in a unit
- Manage team members taking into account similarities and differences
- Deal with disagreements and conflicts arising from diversity in a unit
ASSESSMENT CRITERIA AND METHODOLOGY
- Self-assessment which measures individual self-awareness
- Participation in class discussions, exercises and role plays
- Completion of a Portfolio of Evidence
- Submission of post course workplace written assignments