Today’s team leaders must be able to motivate their team members and build a cooperative and cohesive team which achieves departmental and corporate goals.
This course gives team leaders the skills and tools to motivate their team, understand the dynamics of the group, design an action plan to strengthen the team and know how and when to give feedback and recognise achievements.
To learn how to successfully motivate and build a team.
- The improtance of motivating the team
- Self-awareness and understanding others
- Giving feedback and recongnition
- Theories of motivation
- Understanding group dynamics
- Team SWOT analysis and action planning
INDIVIDUAL LEARNING OUTCOMES - ALIGNED TO SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
At the conclusion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the importance of motivating a team
- Demonstrate an understanding of self and team members in the workplace
- Apply theories of motivation
- Understand group dynamics
- Implement a plan of action to strengthen a team
- Provide feedback and recognise achievements
ASSESSMENT CRITERIA AND METHODOLOGY
Self-assessment which measures individual self-awareness
Participation in class discussions, exercises and role plays
In-class completion of a Portfolio of Evidence
Submission of a post course workplace written assignments which analyse a team and complete a SWOT analysis of a team and action plans to strenghten a team