Managing the disciplinary process has become an integral part of every manager and supervisor’s daily function. If not done properly, the organisation could end up having to defend their actions in the CCMA or Labour Court with costly and embarrassing consequences. Organisations and individuals therefore need to be prepared and trained to manage the disciplinary process properly. This course will equip delegates with the skills to invoke the correct procedure and approach to discipline in the workplace.
To equip individuals with the skills needed to manage the disciplinary process.
- Purpose and Legal requirements
- Investigation and preparation
- Presentation of evidence
INDIVIDUAL LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the conclusion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify behaviour or performance necessitating disciplinary intervention
- Distinguish between lesser and more serious incidents
- Investigate and prepare a case for a disciplinary hearing
- Determine the level of disciplinary action to be invoked
This course develops and prepares individuals for situations which will arise before the disciplinary hearing. Role plays will give learners the opportunity of practicing skills learnt in class and will prepare them for the ‘real’ situations.
Group discussions, sellf assessment and role plays will help learners understand the importance of the legal requirements and preparing for the hearing.