In today’s business environment, team leaders, managers and business people must be flexible enough to respond to situations which threaten their success in the business world as well as their relationships with their customers.
Root Cause Analysis and Problem Solving skills are critical for businesspeople to be able to manage their jobs, teams, operations and the customers.
Being able to assess the problem, evaluate options and choose the appropriate solution needs clear thought processes. This course takes learner through the process and equips them with the skills needed to manage and solve problems.
To teach learners how to solve problems, make decisions and implement solutions successfully
Ä Understanding problems and the processes needed to manage them.
Ä Defining the problem and investigate the cause – Root Cause Analysis.
- Generating problem solutions and implement the solutions.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the solution.
- Identifying possible opportunities.
- Making decisions and assessing risks.
INDIVIDUAL LEARNING OUTCOMES - ALIGNED TO SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
At the conclusion of this course, learners will be able to:
Ä Define the problem.
Ä Use Root Cause Analysis to investigate the problem.
Ä Generate problem solutions.
- Implement solutions.
- Evaluate effectiveness of the solution.
ASSESSMENT CRITERIA AND METHODOLOGY
- Pre and post Module assessments which measure individual knowledge levels
- Participation in class discussions and exercises
- Completion of a Portfolio of Evidence
- Submission of post course written assignment which assess the individual’s ability to identify and investigate the problem, generate and implement solutions and evaluate the effectiveness of the solution.