Being an accredited trainer and facilitator is not as easy as it would seem. Training and facilitating groups of adult learners challenges the best of facilitators. Understanding the facilitation process and the techniques that should be used to ensure learner progress and development is critical for facilitators.
This training course equips the more experienced and advanced trainer with extra skills and techniques to approach learning and development with knowledge and skill.
To be a skilled facilitator of training and development sessions
DAYS ONE - FOUR
- Understanding the principles of outcomes based education in SA
- Understanding the meaning of facilitation
- Understanding the difference between facilitation, lecturing, studying and learning
- Planning and preparing for facilitation
- Facilitating and evaluating the learning process
- Completion of Portfolio of Evidence
ONE MONTH BREAK
- Final practical summative work place assessment of the candidate facilitating a training session
- Submission of summative work-related written assignments
INDIVIDUAL LEARNING OUTCOMES – ALIGNED TO SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
At the conclusion of this course learners will be able to:
- Plan for a training session.
- Facilitate learning.
- Evaluate learning and facilitation.
ASSESSMENT CRITERIA AND METHODOLOGY
- Completion of Portfolio of Evidence workbook.
- Completion of several post course written assignments.
- Work place facilitation of a training session.
- Individual and group work exercises and presentations.
ENTRY LEVEL: Strictly Level 4/Grade 12/Matric PLUS two years’ experience in facilitating training.
Course is conducted in English - Grade 12 level.