The NEC family of Contracts is widely used in South Africa in the engineering and construction industry. It brings a refreshingly different approach to the industry, enabling contractors and clients to work in a more collaborative manner.
This 2-day training course is designed for people using the NEC Black Book, whether they are the project manager, contractor or client.
This thorough training leads the delegates through all project management processes impacted by the NEC Contract, from compiling the tender documents right through to close-out. It provides a detailed understanding of all the relevant contractual clauses as they apply to each process of administering a contract.
This course will equip you to maximise the benefits of using the NEC contract to save time and cost, improve quality, and manage risk more effectively on your projects.
The training is reinforced with practical exercises and illustrations from real-life case studies, under the guidance of our experienced facilitator.
This course will give you:
- A thorough understanding of how to prepare the tender documents using the NEC “Black Book” contract.
- A solid understanding of how risk is managed in the NEC contract.
- A detailed working knowledge of the important clauses in the contract.
- How to administer every aspect of an NEC contract, including scope, time, costs, quality, communications, risk, health and safety.
- How to manage delays, compensation events and claims for extension of time.
Book a session at: www.classic-sa.co.za/the-nec-engineering-and-construction-contract