U/S 116587 - Develop, Support and Promote RPL Practices
This unit standard aims to recognize the expertise of people who have a deep understanding of outcomes-based assessment in general, and of the complexities concerning the initiation and implementation of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) policies and practices in particular.
Such people are able to promote an awareness of RPL-related issues and provide RPL advice and support, at systems and strategic level, to a range of people/bodies, including assessors, moderators, evidence facilitators, assessment designers, teachers, trainers, managers, organisations, institutions, companies and enterprises.
Unit Standard 116587
NQF LEVEL 7
People credited with this unit standard are able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the conceptual underpinnings and purposes of the recognition of prior learning;
- Investigate current RPL practice and opportunities in an organisation or sector;
- Develop RPL policies, procedures and plans for an organisation;
- Provide RPL advice and sup port;
- Promote RPL practices.
1. Demonstrate understanding of the conceptual underpinning and purposes of the recognition of prior learning;
2. Investigate current RPL practice and opportunities in an organisation or sector;
3. Develop RPL policies, procedures and plans for an organisation;
4. Provide RPL advice and support
5. Promote RPL practices.
PLEASE NOTE: It is an enrolment pre-requisite that delegates must have completed an assessor training program and have a thorough understanding of principles, concepts and utilisation of unit standards.