This Workshop is aligned to the following accredited unit standards:
• 117877 - Perform One to One Training on the Job.
• 117874 - Guide learners about their learning, assessment and recognition opportunities.
This workshop covers both mentor and workplace coach competencies. It involves the designing, implementation and management of a mentoring log for workplace learners.
These unit standards will be useful to those who work within an education, training and development context and who provide guidance and advise to learners about their learning, assessment and recognition opportunities.
People credited with these unit standards are able to:
• Identify and analyse learner needs;
• Prepare and review an individual development plan;
• Provide guidance to learners;
• Maintain records of learner needs and guidance provided;
• Evaluate services provided;
• Prepare for one-to-one training on the job;
• Conduct training sessions;
• Monitor and report on learner progress; and
• Review training.