The word TEAM stands for…. Together Everyone Achieves More. It has also been said that “cooperation” is spelt with two letters: WE! Leaders must tap into the potential of their teams. A high-performance team is an ideal vehicle to empower team members, to achieve a system of participative management, to ensure multi-skilling and creating mobilisation of employees within the entity. Managers who attend this training will obtain the tools to apply different theories of team dynamics, understand the importance of teamwork in their units, continuously invest efforts to build stronger teams to achieve organisational goals and evaluate their roles within the team.
Understanding the importance and theory of teams in workplace activities
• Comparing the characteristics of a team and team interaction in relation to groups.
• Analysing and describing different types of teams in terms of their unique roles and characteristics.
• Motivating the importance of teams for achieving workplace goals and objectives.
Applying the theory of teams to team dynamics
• Using practical examples to explain the dynamics of teams.
• Analysing the reasons for disagreements and conflict in a team.
• Identifying unique challenges presented by different types of teams.
The process of building teams
• Understanding the process of building a team and the steps in the process.
• Analysing stages of team development and human behaviour that drives the different stages.
The role of the team leader in promoting team effectiveness
• Analysing the role of the team leader and how to contribute to improving team effectiveness.
• Considering the impact of different leadership styles and the role of the team leader in promoting team effectiveness.
• Promoting trust, cohesion, creativity and productivity by applying techniques for the constructive management of team dynamics and conflict.
Evaluating and improving team effectiveness
• Evaluating the functioning of a team against the characteristic of high performance teams.
• Developing an action plan for improving the effectiveness of the team.
ASSESSMENT OF LEARNERS
Assessment of Learners
Learners who attend this training, will receive a “Certificate of Attendance” directly after the training. Additionally, learners can also be enrolled to participate in the assessment process at an additional fee. Assessment entails the completion of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) and if being assessed as competent, the learner will be awarded 6 credits on NQF Level 5. In this case, a “Certificate of Competence” will be issued representing the credit values and NQF Level. Entry-level requirements for assessment according to the Unit Standard: Learners should be competent in Communication, Mathematical Literacy and Computer Literacy at NQF Level 4