This learning programme provides managers with a range of skills covering the whole spectrum of selection and recruitment of employees, coaching, talent and performance management. This programme is intended for managers in all economic sectors. These managers would typically be second-level managers such as heads of department, section heads or divisional heads, who may have more than one team reporting to them.
Recruiting and selecting candidates to fill defined positions
• Planning and preparing for recruitment and selection.
• Recruiting applicants.
• Selecting staff.
Leading people development and talent management
• Analysing education, training and development needs of members of a unit.
• Recording the results of the training needs analysis.
• Compiling a people development plan for a unit.
• Managing the implementation of the people development plan of a unit.
Monitoring and evaluating team members against performance standards
• Formulating performance standards for team members in a unit.
• Establishing systems for monitoring performance.
• Preparing for a performance review of a team member
• Conducting performance review interview.
Selecting and coaching first-line managers
• Selecting first-line manager for a specific position.
• Planning the coaching process of a first-line manager.
• Coaching the selected first-line manager.
• Monitoring and measuring the results of coaching sessions.
ASSESSMENT OF LEARNERS
Learners who attend this training, will receive a “Certificate of Attendance” directly after the training. Additionally, learners can also be enrolled to participate in the assessment process at an additional fee. Assessment entails the completion of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) and if being assessed as competent, the learner will be awarded 33 credits on NQF Level 5. In this case, a “Certificate of Competence” will be issued representing the credit values and NQF Level. Entry-level requirements for assessment according to the Unit Standard: Learners should demonstrate competence in Communication, Mathematical Literacy and Computer Literacy at NQF Level 4.