In today’s work environment it is expected of individuals to work in teams, be self-sufficient and know how to manage themselves and others. People are the means of all achievements and they need to be passionate, self-driven, in control and know where they are going, to ensure a productive workforce. In order to create an energised workforce, we must know that people are emotional beings and that emotions affect behaviour and productivity if not managed well in ourselves and when communicating with others.
n the final analysis, it is all about balancing our technical and personal expertise to create work teams where people are internally energised, self-motivated, problem solvers, committed, dedicated, loyal and able to take ownership. This course provides delegates with the tools to communicate in an assertive manner, express their feelings and to connect with themselves and others in a proactive manner.
Emotional Intelligence – The concept
• Understanding the concept of Emotional Intelligence and why it is important.
• Understanding the principles of Emotional Intelligence:
o Personal competence: Self-awareness and self-management;
o Social competence: Social awareness and relationship management.
• Evaluating the ten habits of Emotional Intelligent people.
• Linking behaviour to a level of Emotional Intelligence.
Interacting with Emotional Intelligence
• Understanding the importance of personal and interpersonal competencies, in relation to interactions in life and work situations.
• Analysing the importance of self-knowledge and self-awareness.
• Understanding feelings and emotions, and how it affects behaviour.
• Applying the methods and techniques to enhance self-awareness:
• Applying the principles of interpersonal competencies:
o The role of effective communication;
• Exploring the techniques for giving and receiving feedback in a constructive manner.
• Understanding the impact of Emotional Intelligence on life and work.
Improving Emotional Intelligence
• Understanding why personal changes and adaptability are vital.
• Assessing own level of Emotional Intelligence and analysing strengths and weaknesses.
• Implementing the guidelines and principles of Emotional Intelligence in a personal and work environment.
ASSESSMENT OF LEARNERS
Learners who attend this training, will receive a “Certificate of Attendance” directly after the training. Additionally, learners can also be enrolled to participate in the assessment process at an additional fee. Assessment entails the completion of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) and if being assessed as competent, the learner will be awarded 4 credits on NQF Level 5. In this case, a “Certificate of Competence” will be issued representing the credit values and NQF Level. Entry-level requirements for assessment according to the Unit Standard: Learners accessing this Unit Standard will have demonstrated competence in Communication, Mathematical Literacy and Computer Literacy on NQF Level 4.