This course will provide leaders with a thorough understanding of the difference between management and leadership, the various leadership roles, the qualities of leaders, different leadership approaches and applying leadership techniques/styles to improve group dynamics. Learners who attend this training will gain a thorough understanding of these concepts and influencing tactics. This four-day course is particularly recommended for anyone who has recently taken on, or who is considering a new leadership role.
Concepts of leadership
• Defining leadership.
• Exploring the roles and qualities of a leader.
• Understanding the five bases of power.
• Exploring influencing tactics.
Differentiating between management and leadership
• Understanding and comparing the concepts of leadership and management.
• Balancing leadership and management competencies.
Applying leadership in the work context
• Identifying and understanding various leadership theories.
• Identifying and understanding the various leadership techniques and styles.
• Identifying and applying the appropriate leadership approach according to individual needs and organisational requirements.
• Understanding the different roles of team members within a team context.
• Applying leadership techniques in order to improve group dynamics and achieve objectives.
Evaluating the impact of leadership techniques/styles applied
• Measuring the impact of leadership techniques/styles against organisational requirements.
• Evaluating the effectiveness of the techniques/styles against theory and practice.
• Taking corrective actions, where appropriate, to improve individual and/or team effectiveness.
ASSESSMENT OF LEARNERS
Learners who attend this training, will receive a “Certificate of Attendance” directly after the training. Additionally, learners can also be enrolled to participate in the assessment process at an additional fee. Assessment entails the completion of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) and if being assessed as competent, the learner will be awarded 12 credits on NQF Level 4. In this case, a “Certificate of Competence” will be issued representing the credit values and NQF Level. Entry-level requirements for assessment according to the Unit Standard: It is assumed that persons accessing this Unit Standard are competent in Communication at NQF Level 3.