Business analysis is a vital instrument within the business environment to ensure that information technology is able to provide effective solutions for business enterprises. The development of business analysts through a suite of qualifications will have a positive impact on the broader economy of South Africa. It will also assist with bringing South Africa in line with international trends and satisfy industry requirements.
The qualifying learner will be able to:
- Analyze a business scenario.
- Develop a business case.
- Compile user requirement specifications.
- Develop functional specifications.
- Monitor quality assurance activities throughout the life cycle of the project.
A business analyst works as a liaison amongst stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems. The business analyst understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. Traditionally business analysts were drawn from senior information technology (IT) and business people, whereas this qualification provides lower-level access for the development of such competencies. It has also been developed to enable learners to access higher education and provide flexible access to life-long learning.
This qualification provides opportunities for people to engage in further learning towards a specialization in business analysis or achieve competencies that are portable to other specializations such as systems development or systems support. This will therefore enable business analysis competencies to be strengthened, and enable individuals who are currently working in a business systems environment, to better contribute to the implementation of solutions that support the business requirements. The competencies of business analysis have been identified as a target development area for the ICT sector and the South African government. The demand for this qualification is evidenced by these National initiatives as well as international demands and trends. It is intended to empower learners to acquire knowledge, skills, attitudes and values required to operate confidently as individuals in the South African community and to respond to the challenges of the economic environment and changing world of work. Ultimately, this qualification is aimed at improving the productivity and efficiency of business analysts within all sectors in South Africa.
In particular, people credited with this unit standard will be able to:
- Analyze a business scenario.
2. Develop a business case.
3. Compile user requirement specifications.
4. Develop functional specifications.
5. Monitor quality assurance activities throughout the life cycle of the project.
This qualification promotes, in particular, the following critical cross-field outcomes:
Identifying and solving problems in which responses display that responsible decisions using critical and creative thinking have been made when:
- Gathering information for the production of requirements documents and specifying requirements for new business solutions.
Working effectively with others as a member of a team, group, organization, and community during:
- Working as a member of a multi-disciplinary project team when developing and implementing specifications to achieve the desired product or service.
Organizing and managing oneself and one’s activities responsibly and effectively when:
- Applying information gathering techniques for business system development.
Communicate effectively using visual, mathematical and/or language in the modes of oral and/or written persuasion when:
- Analyzing, interpreting and communicating requirements information through presentations, documents and workshops.
Participating as responsible citizens in the life of local, national and global communities by:
- Demonstrating an awareness of ethics and professionalism.
Collecting, analyzing, organizing and critically evaluating information when:
- Gathering information to assist with the production of requirements specification.
Using science and technology effectively and critically, showing responsibility towards the environment and health of others when:
- Setting up and perform testing and acceptance procedures.
- Using business system applications and the use of technology to produce documentation and communicate with stakeholders.
Demonstrating an understanding of the world as a set of related systems by recognizing that problem-solving contexts do not exist in isolation when:
- Identifying and interpreting related legislation and its impact on the team, department or division and ensure compliance.
- Impact of industry best practices on business systems environments.
TYPE OF PROGRAMME:
- Full time
The learner is required to have a minimum of Grade 12.
All learning material included in tuition fees.
Qualification Fee: R18030
On successful completion of the qualification, the learner will receive a certificate