Any individual who are or wish to be involved in the Contact Centre industry will have access to this qualification. It also serves as the entry qualification into Contact Centre operations and management. This qualification will be registered at NQF Level 4.
This qualification is intended to enhance the provision of entry-level service within the Contact Centre Industry.
The rationale of the qualification
The National Qualification in Contact Centre operations: Level 4 is designed to meet the needs of those learners want to progress and will assist those who make Contact Centre Operations their chosen career path, in the field of Contact Centres. Contact Centres have become key business tools - integral to the way organizations achieve their business objectives. Contact Centres are a new industry - there is a need to develop career paths in this field, and it is a high growth industry constantly in need of skilled people.
The Contact Centre industry is also fast becoming the next knowledge worker industry. All Contact Centres are currently recruiting, training and performance managing agents. Currently Call Centres to sit inside of existing organizations within larger Industries, i.e. Banking, Insurance, Pay-TV.
The Contact Centre National Certificate at NQF Level 4 will provide the broad knowledge and skills needed in the industry and to progress along a career path for learners who:
- At the higher levels needs a set of unit standards against which to align and measure themselves.
- Were previously disadvantaged or who were unable to complete their schooling and were therefore denied access to Further Education and Training.
- Have worked in Contact Centres for many years, but have no formal qualification in Contact Centre Management.
- Wish to extend their range of skills and knowledge of the industry so that they can become competent workers in Contact Centres.
The National Certificate in Contact Centre Operations: Level 4 allows the learner to work towards a nationally recognized whole qualification. The qualification will allow both those in formal education and those already employed in Contact Centre organizations access, due to its flexibility.
The qualification focuses on the skills, knowledge, values and attitudes required to progress further within the Contact Centre industry. The intention is
- To promote the development of knowledge and skills that are required in Contact Centres.
- To release the potential of people.
- To provide opportunities for people to move up the value chain.
Many different roles and careers are linked to and affected by this qualification. They include, but are not limited to:
- Sales Managers
- Administration staff
- Contact Centre Managers
- Category Managers
- Sales Representatives
- Telesales Clerks
- National Account Managers
- Sales Directors
- Key Account Managers
- Client Services Clerks
- Channel Managers
- Quality Assurance staff
- Contact Centre / Call Centre Supervisors
- Contact Centre/ Call Centre Agents
- General Managers
- IT Staff
TYPE OF PROGRAMME
- Full time
Learner is required to have a minimum Grade 12. Must able to speak and write in English.
All learning material included in tuition fees.
Registration Fee: R 1750.00
Course Fee: Enquire at Eskilz College for pricing structure
The Fundamental Component consists of Unit Standards in:
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4 to the value of 16 credits
- Communication at NQF Level 4 in a First South African Language to the value of 20 credits
- Communication in a Second South African Language at NQF Level 3 to the value of 20 credits
It is compulsory therefore for learners to do Communication in two different South African languages, one at NQF Level 4 and the other at NQF Level 3.
All Unit Standards in the Fundamental Component are compulsory.
The Core Component consists of Unit Standards to the value of 66 credits all of which are compulsory.
Learners are to choose Unit Standards to a minimum of 10 credits from the Elective Component.
On successful completion of course, the learner will receive a certificate
The information provided may vary or change at the discretion of Eskilz College. Eskilz College will formally notify learners of any changes or variations.