This qualification is the first in a series for practitioners in the field of environmental science, environmental management and waste management.
The specific purpose of this qualification represents the skills, knowledge and understanding required by competent practitioners to:
- Have an elementary understanding of the concept of the environment and the basic principles which underpin the sustainable use of resources
- Understand their role and perform the activities associated with their role, using the tools, materials and practices of their particular field
- Understand how they are affected by laws, agreements and policies related to their particular context
1. Demonstrate the use of appropriate numeracy and communication skills.
2. Handle material and perform tasks without an adverse impact on the environment.
Range: Material includes waste, hazardous substances, cleaning materials, natural resources, etc.
3. Recognise and respond to issues that have an impact on the environment.
Range: The response is appropriate to the level of authority and level of skill.
- Full time
- Learner is required to have a minimum Grade 12.
- Must able to speak and write in English.
All learning material included in tuition fee.
- The qualification is aimed at municipal managers,
- integrated development planning (IDP) managers
- specialists in local government,
- executive mayors,
- integrated development planning
- city/district development
- executive mayor,
- executive councilors,
On successful completion of course, the learner will receive a certificate
The information provided may vary or change at the discretion of Eskilz College. Eskilz College will formally notify learners of any changes or variations.