The purpose of the qualification is to ensure specialist competence in all the disciplines related to film and television production, including camera, lighting, vision control, vision mixing, editing, recording, sound and captioning competence, with the elective component allowing for this specialisation. Although qualifying learners are not able to make creative choices, they are capable of working under direction, and to specification, making suggestions to those with creative decision making powers.
The qualification addresses competence for studio and outside broadcasts and film and television production, and single and multi-camera productions. There is a need for qualified learners who can work independently according to a given brief, which they often contribute to, without hands-on operational supervision.
Qualified learners can enhance film and television products through creativity, quality control, suggestions (e.g. regarding shots) and understanding the effect of their decisions on other people in film and television production process. They are capable of complex tasks within their specific contexts, and can make critical decisions in strenuous environment. They can critically evaluate their own area of responsibility within the context of the full process, and can identify problem areas. They understand their role in the overall context and the industry. They can operate the full functionality of equipment/machines, and can do this for a range of equipment/machines. Qualified learners apply their own methods and understand their area sufficiently to contribute to others.
Qualified learners are capable of:
- Organising and managing information about film or television production activities according to specified requirements.
- Determining film or television resource requirements for specific production processes.
- Planning film or television production activities to meet given requirements.
- Assessing film or television production processes against given quality requirements.
- Implementing film or television production processes as directed within an area of specialisation.
- Controlling film or television operations according to specified business principles.
TYPE OF PROGRAMME:
- Full time
The learner is required to have a minimum of Grade 12.
All learning material included in tuition fees.
Qualification Fee: R14560
On successful completion of qualification, the learner will receive a certificate