This unit standard is intended for managers in all economic sectors. These managers would typically be second level managers such as heads of department, section heads or divisional heads, who may have more than one team reporting to them.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Demonstrating an understanding of the key concepts of managerial finance.
- Interpreting financial statements.
- Drafting financial forecasts.
- Drafting budgets according to operational plans of the unit.
- Supervising the financial management of a unit against given requirements.