This qualification is applicable to people within the clothing sector. Learners will be able to produce garments using a domestic lockstitch sewing machine. The purpose of the qualification is to build the competence of learners in the clothing sector at NQF Level 1 to address the following:
- The need for the learner to demonstrate an understanding of entrepreneurship and develop entrepreneurial qualities.
- The need for the learner to manage his/her personal finances, as well as demonstrate an understanding of basic accounting practices.
- The need for the learner to demonstrate an understanding of managerial expertise and administrative capabilities.
- The need for learners to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of supply and demand, and the concept production.
- The need for the learner to perform basic life support and / or first aid procedures in emergencies, and assist community members to access services in accordance with their health-related human rights.
- The need for the learner to comply with quality procedures and practices when finishing and storing pressed and ironed items.
- The need for the learner to demonstrate an understanding of how to participate effectively in the workplace.
- The need for the learner to research market trends and determine customer needs and in so doing successfully negotiate price and delivery requirements with customers.
- The need for the learner to identify component parts of a product and in so doing calculate the quantities and cost of various component parts as per customer requirements.
- The need for the learner to determine the appropriate material requirements and in so doing identify a range of suppliers from which to select a buy materials.
- The need for the learner to complete a minimum of two different garments or home textiles using a lockstitch sewing machine and in so doing cut, sew, finish and inspect the completed garments.
- TYPE OF PROGRAMME
- Full time
The learner is required to have a minimum of Grade 10. Must able to speak and write in English.
All learning material included in tuition fees.
Enquire at Eskilz College for pricing structure
- The structure of the CTFL sector is described in terms of relevant legislation.
- Key stakeholders in a specific industry or organization within the CTFL Sector are identified and their roles described in terms of their relationship with the industry.
- Key legislation (acts) and regulations applicable within the industry and sector are identified and their purpose is described in relation to the requirements of the specific act.
- Career opportunities within the industry are identified in line with the requirements of the specific industry.
- The pipeline in the specific manufacturing facility is described as related to the output requirements of the facility.
- The difference between productivity and production is explained in terms of industry norms.
- Utilization of resources and efficiency concepts relating to materials, machinery and labour employed in a manufacturing process are identified and explained in terms of standard operating procedures.
- Production targets are explained in relation to time, quality and output in the workplace.
- All forms of wastage are identified and recorded in a production area.
- Idle or downtime, output deficiencies and product non-conformances are identified and recorded in a production area.
- Key/primary raw materials are identified for use in the manufacture of company-specific processed (end) products.
- A range of material identification methods, codes, labels and markings is used in relation to workplace requirements.
- Storage methods and facilities for raw and processed materials are identified and described in terms of company policies and procedures.
- Quality standards, methods, procedures are identified and described in the context of company and customer specifications.
- Causes of faults are identified and appropriately recommended corrective action is implemented in line with company policies and procedures.
On successful completion of course, the learner will receive a certificate
The information provided may vary or change at the discretion of Eskilz College. Eskilz College will formally notify learners of any changes or variations.