The purpose of the qualification is to enable qualifying learners to apply strategic level development and governance competencies to ensure integrated and sustainable development and governance processes, outcomes, structures, strategies, planning; implementation management, monitoring and evaluation at a municipal level.
Learners will develop competencies to manage strategic planning and development processes, and the associated local governance and consultation processes. Individual learners will benefit through enhancing their personal competencies, knowledge and skills so as to be able to complete tasks required in their employment contracts and by legislation.
- Full time
Learner is required to have a minimum Grade 12. Must able to speak and write in English.
All learning material included in tuition fee.
Course Fee: R18 550.00
- An integrated development plan is outlined for a specific municipal area.
- Key development priorities and agendas are identified and designed within resources constraints informed by a local, district wide, provincial and national strategic analysis and policy context.
- The legal principles underlying the concepts of ‘developmental local government’ and ‘integrated development planning’ are carefully considered for governance in a municipal area.
- The impact of policy implications are considered in designing an integrated development planning process.
- A set of engagement and participation processes, systems and events are utilised to ensure support for the integrated development planning process.
- Proposals for strategic agenda’s are drawn up to address key municipal development challenges in an integrated and sustainable manner.
- Strategic development plans are drawn up for the short, medium and long requirements of sustainable integrated development.
- Municipal budgets are designed in line with strategic agenda.
- The implementation of strategies and strategic programmes and interventions are assessed and supported in a proactive manner.
The relevant institutional and governance arrangements and structures are established to develop, monitor and review the Integrated Development Plan.
- The various role players required to take par in and implement the IDP process are capacitated through a facilitative process.
- Synergy between the integrated development plan in a municipality, the organizational structure, and the relevant human and other resources are ensured to ensure that the IDP is effectively implemented.
- Muncipal budgets are drawn up and utilised to monitor achievement of IDP objectives from a financial perspective.
- The progress towards the achievement of targets and projects set out in strategic plans are monitored and reported on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Appropriate and timeous recommendations and revisions are made to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the integrated development planning processes to ensure sustainable development.
- Integrated development planning processes are assessed to ensure compliance to governance principles.
- Engagement processes to ensure input and commitment to Integrated Development Planning programmes are assessed to determine efficacy of communications and participative strategies.
- The elements of developmental facilitation are their interconnections are defined to ensure that facilitated events are customised appropriately.
- Facilitated events are prepared and follow up procedures put in place to ensure the implementation of post-event action plans.
- Group dynamics, cultural diversity and potential conflict areas are considered when conducting facilitated events.
- An appropriate toolbox of procedures are utilised to ensure that facilitated event achieves objectives of sustainable development.
- Facilitated events are monitored and evaluated and recommendations made for any areas of remediation
On successful completion of course, the learner will receive a certificate
The information provided may vary or change at the discretion of Eskilz College. Eskilz College will formally notify learners of any changes or variations.