The purpose of this qualification is to allow new entrants access to the Primary Agricultural Sector with specific reference to Animal Production. The contexualised purpose and usage of the qualification is as follows:
- A learner assessed against this qualification will have the necessary competence to participate as part of a working team, performing the agricultural processes as applicable to animal production in a closely defined context and under close supervision.
- Competency will be gained in any of the specialized sub-fields of Animal Production as specified under Areas Of Specialization (i.e. Small stock, Large Stock, Dairy Production, Aqua Culture, etc.)
- Apply basic agricultural enterprise selection principles
- Apply basic food safety practices
- Apply basic human resource management principles and practices applicable in an agricultural environment
- Apply elementary farm layout and infrastructure
- Apply standard animal feeding procedures
TYPE OF PROGRAMME
- Full time
Further Education and Training Certificate: 18-24 Months
- Learner is required to have a minimum Grade 10.
- Must able to speak and write in English.
All learning material included in tuition fee.
- Beef Cattle Farmer
- Egg Farmer
- Animal Production Manager
- Assistant to Veterinary Specialists
On successful completion of course, the learner will receive a certificate
The information provided may vary or change at the discretion of Eskilz College. Eskilz College will formally notify learners of any changes or variations.