This qualification enables learners to interpret health and safety legislation, and advise management on issues, which threaten the safety of people in the workplace.
Learners credited with this Unit Standard are capable of:
· Discussing pertinent occupational health and safety legislation are applicable to a specific workplace.
- Discussing and explaining the application of the common law principles pertinent to health and safety in the workplace.
- explaining the principles of the law of delict and of criminal law applicable to an accident occurring in the workplace.
- applying the current Act for compensation for occupational injuries and diseases in the workplace.
TYPE OF PROGRAMME
- Full time
- Learner is required to have a minimum Grade 12
- Must able to speak and write in English.
All learning material included in tuition fee.
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Specialist
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Inspector
- Health and Safety Practitioner
- Environmental Protection Officer
- Environmental Health and Safety Advisor
- Compliance Officer
- Wellness Specialist
- Chief Safety Officer
On successful completion, of course, the learner will receive a certificate.
The information provided may vary or change at the discretion of Eskilz College. Eskilz College will formally notify learners of any changes or variations.