The primary purpose of the qualification is to provide learners with:
- A foundation of basic project management knowledge and skills which can be used to build further project management related competencies.
- Competence to be an effective project team member.
- Competence to provide administrative support to a project manager and team members.
- Competence to provide assistance to a project manager of medium to large projects.
As electives specialisation in:
- Competence to plan, execute and control small, simple projects.
- Competence in specialized technical areas to support project management processes.
This qualification is directed at learners working:
- As contributing team members on a moderately complex to complex project when not a leader or;
- As a leader in the context of a simple project/sub-project.
A simple project/sub-project is seen to be one that involves few resources and has a limited impact on stakeholders and the environment.
This qualification is intended for those with prior work experience or an NQF Level 3 qualification in project management or business administration or equivalent. The learners accessing this qualification will be working in or with project management teams or using a project approach to their business. These projects may be technical projects, business projects, government projects or community development projects and will cut across a range of economic sectors. This qualification is also of value to learners running their own business, as project management is an integral component of any business system.
Qualifying learners working on a project will have the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to function more effectively and in a professional manner, add value to their job performance and enhance their ability to follow and implement policies and procedures.
On achieving the applied competencies of the Qualification, learners may advance their career opportunities further into project administration, support services or management within an organization, in all sectors.
TYPE OF PROGRAMME
- Full time
Further Education and Training: 9-12 months
The learner is required to have a Matric. Must able to speak and write in English. Accounting. Maths Literacy
All learning material included in the course.
Enquire at Eskilz College
ASSOCIATED ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
- Own and team member interactions and contributions to the project are described with examples.
- Own workload and time are effectively managed in conjunction with the requirements of others in the project.
- Successful support that is provided to others for project management activities is described with examples.
- Contributions are made to the planning, scoping, scheduling, budgeting and risk management of the project in accordance with agreed procedures, tools and techniques.
- Assistance is provided to the project manager and team in the execution of project management activities in accordance with project requirements and agreed procedures.
- The control of scope, time, cost, risk and quality is described in accordance with project requirements and agreed with procedures.
- Contributions are made to the 'close-out' recommendations and/or lessons learned during the project in accordance with experiences and agreed with procedures.
- Project data is gathered, processed and recorded in accordance with project requirements and procedures.
- Project meetings and/or workshops are organized in accordance with project requirements.
- Different methods of communication are used and described with reasons for their use in the project.
- Project management processes and techniques are applied to manage a small project from start to end and to supervise the team working on the project.
- Progress is reported and status, including problems, communicated to project stakeholders
- Support is provided to project managers/project teams in developing strategies, tactics, structures, methods and processes for project operations.
- Project environments are checked for compliance with agreed procedures.
- Lessons learned are consolidated and used to improve project procedures.
- Processes, methods and techniques for the chosen technical field are described and evaluated within the project context.
- The appropriate project tools and techniques are applied in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
Development of the competencies may be through a combination of informal and formal learning, self-learning, training programs and work-based application. Providers should conduct a diagnostic and formative assessment. Formative, continuous and diagnostic assessments should also take place in the workplace. The learner should be able to assess him or herself and determine readiness for a summative assessment against this Qualification.
Learning, teaching and assessment are inextricably linked. Whenever possible, the assessment of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values shown in the unit standards should be integrated.
Assessment of Communication and Mathematical Literacy should be conducted in conjunction with other aspects and should use authentic Project Operational contexts wherever possible.
A variety of methods must be used in assessment and tools and activities must be appropriate to the context in which the learner is working. Where it is not possible to assess the learner in the workplace or on-the-job, simulations, case studies, role-plays and other similar techniques should be used to provide a context appropriate to the assessment.
The term 'Integrated Assessment' implies that theoretical and practical components should be assessed together. Groups of standards may also be assessed together.
Assessment should ensure that all specific outcomes, embedded knowledge and critical cross-field outcomes are evaluated. The assessment of the critical cross-field outcomes should be integrated with the assessment of specific outcomes and embedded knowledge.
The final summative assessment for the qualification should be undertaken under the direction of the relevant Education and Training Quality Assurance (ETQA) body.
On successful completion of course, the learner will receive a certificate
The information provided may vary or change at the discretion of Eskilz College. Eskilz College will formally notify learners of any changes or variations.