Forecasting, Budgeting and the need for public accountability is essential to the improvement of service delivery for public sector entities. The Public service are urged to link their strategies with accurate systems of resource allocation and performance measurement. Along this line, budgeting, controlling expenditure and reducing cost represent essential activities to be performed and measured by government departments as they implement their key processes, activities and operations for effective service delivery. Resource allocation and policy implementation is a crucial piece of the accountability cycle, this include facing the difficult challenge of improving performance while reducing costs of those processes for which they are accountable.
This workshop will enable learners with forecasting, budgetary and financial analysis skills, which are crucial for managing and controlling resources in times where the budgets are integrated with both the achievement of strategic objectives and the evaluation of future plans and initiatives.
This comprehensive 5-day programme will assist in measuring differences between actual events and the plan that was adopted to achieve certain objectives, it will also help in evaluating an organisation’s Financial Statement performance during and at the end of the accounting period. Delegates will be equipped to apply Forecasting, Budgeting and Financial Statement Analysis in the Public Sector which will increase productivity and departmental performance.
- Integrating Forecasting and Budgeting as Essential Tools for Measuring Performance
- Linking Strategic Planning and Budgeting
- Describing the Budgetary Process
- Revealing an Understanding of the Concept “Performance Budgeting”
- Applying Budgetary Control at a Departmental or Institutional Level
- Highlighting the Importance of the Management of Revenue, Expenditure, Assets and Liabilities (REAL) during the Expenditure Framework Period
- Performance Management and Risk
- Capital Budgeting