Laboratories are known as cost centres, therefore, it is important that laboratories are managed in an efficient productive way that eliminate costs.
Laboratory Management is responsible for providing advice and information to scientists on health and safety, particularly on how to carry out risk assessments and implement sufficient control measures. The Laboratory function, workflow, roles and costs need to be streamlined to better deliver results and meet productivity goals. A further major function of Laboratory Management is the overseeing of shared equipment servicing, replacement and the purchase of new equipment to facilitate the needs of researchers.
This workshop will provide learners with a practical view to manage the entire value stream in the laboratory effectively by reducing the operating expenses and provide an integrated and logical approach to help learners to effectively navigate decision-making in the laboratory industry. Learners will be understanding the methods on how to achieve quality control, effective performance measurement and ensure the consistency of work,
- Exploring winning strategies to manage financial, budget and time constraints in the laboratory field
- Leveraging laboratory performance by adopting ISO standards and achieving international accreditation
- Monitoring productivity performance and encouraging continuous improvement in productivity through staff training and development
- Gaining the necessary edge over competitors through successful quality management
- Ultimately managing performance for staff retention and optimal performance
- Incorporating health and safety into the overall risk management framework for a streamlined approach
- Matching your audit system to essential ISO requirement – ISO / IEC 17025
This Training Programme is Aligned to SAQA US 252020 Create and Manage an Environment that Promotes Innovation NQF level 5, 6 Credits