Intelligent Africa’s Online training uses different platforms to accommodate our clients technical requirements. These Platforms allows live training sessions with uploaded presentations, pre course questionnaires, screen sharing functionality, group work, allowing learners to collaborate during the session, and even records the training session to view later. Learners will have the opportunity to start with their POE/ Assignments during the training sessions with guidance from the facilitator.
Concern about the quality of higher education is on the rise in Africa. It comes at a time of growing recognition of the potentially powerful role of tertiary education for growth, and it is a natural response to public perception that educational quality is being compromised in the effort to: expand enrolment in recent years, complaints by employers that graduates are poorly prepared for the workplace, and increasing competition in the higher education market place, as numerous private and transnational providers enter the scene.
Globally, the majority of HEIs in most countries have now implemented more structured and systematic approaches to quality assurance in response to the new demands for quality higher education in order to ensure high academic standards, integrity and accountability.
The Commonwealth of Learning (COL) suggests that, while there is a clear need for the development and implementation of quality assurance strategies in HEIs throughout the world, there is, nevertheless, a lack of uniformity and agreement in respect of the form that such strategies should take
This Course Will Provide Participants With The Required Competencies which Include Knowledge on:
- Quality assurance (QA) legislative environment, theories related to QA, implementation models, and case studies, policy writing and roleplay to assist with implementation
- A Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system, theories around M&E, models and implementation
The Course Provides Information on:
- What African countries are doing to regulate and improve quality (universities and TVET colleges);
- What it takes to implement these initiatives;
- What has been the impact, and what are the priorities for capacity building