This qualification can be completed as Home Study (Private Individuals) Skills Programme (Corporate Environment) or Learnerships. The pricing reflected is only applicable to Online/Blended learning. http://shop.intelligosolutions.com/intelligoshop6/index.php?id_category=...
This Qualification is for any individual who is or wishes to be involved in the Debt Recovery function within the business sector. It is also the building block to advance the learner into the National Certificate: Credit Management: NQF Level 5, or the National Certificate: Debt Recovery: Level 5, and any future related Debt Recovery Qualifications at NQF Level 5 that may be generated at a future date.
The Core Component of the Qualification offers the learner knowledge and skills in Ethics and personal effectiveness within the debt recovery context, the application of the legalities in the liquidation of debt, the management of debtor and credit grantor portfolios and the facilitation of oral and written communications for the purposes of effectively administering debt recovery. The Qualification through its Elective Component enables the learner to specialize in areas of Debt Recovery such as Ethics, Supervisory/Management, Administration, Strategic Management, Information Technology, Accounting and Financial Management
LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE AND RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
Learners accessing this Qualification should be competent in:
• Communication at NQF level 3
• Mathematical Literacy at NQF level 3
• Computer Literacy at NQF Level 2
How will this qualification benefit your career?
Learners working towards this Qualification will find that the acquisition of competence in the unit standards, which make up the Qualification, will add value to their jobs. This Qualification is intended to enhance the provision of service within the field of Debt Recovery within the business and commerce sector. The Qualification ensures progression of learning, enabling the learner to meet standards of service excellence required within the Debt Recovery field of learning, through building day-to-day Debt Recovery skills as well as operational competencies required within the business and commercial sector, both in larger enterprises and small, medium and micro enterprises. It will provide the broad knowledge; skills and values needed in the Debt Recovery field for the public sector and will facilitate access to, and mobility and progression within, education and training.
Qualifying learners could follow a career in:
• Credit Management
• Financial Services
• SMME Management
• Generic Supervision and Management
The FETC: Debt Recovery is designed to meet the needs of those learners both employed or unemployed, who are already involved or wish to become involved in the field of Debt Recovery. The function of debt recovery is a rapidly growing area in the Financial Services Sector and this means that there is an on-going need for skilled people to carry out these functions in this business sector, both within larger corporations and the SMME (Small, Medium and Micro Enterprise) Sector. This qualification will enable the learner at lower levels in the sector to access a formal national qualification in debt recovery. In line with the professionalisation of this function, there is also a need to develop career paths in this field so as to offer people involved in debt recovery the opportunity to continue with a programme of life-long learning, which will make them knowledgeable and skilled employees with enhanced employment opportunities.
The FETC: Debt Recovery is a specialised Qualification which offers administrative and financial knowledge and skills to learners who:
• Have attained the National Certificate in Business Administration: Level 3 or any related financial, accounting or credit management qualifications and wish to continue on a path of life-long learning within the Debt Recovery Sector
• Were previously disadvantaged or who were unable to complete their schooling and were therefore denied access to Further Education and Training
• Have worked in Administration, Credit Management or Debt Recovery for many years, but have no formal Qualifications in their area of expertise
• Wish to extend their range of skills and knowledge of Debt Recovery so that they can become knowledge workers
• Are contracted in a Learnership agreement
• Have recently taken up a position in Debt Recovery
• Have not yet acquired the skills and competencies required for learning in Debt Recovery at NQF level 5.
The skills, knowledge, values and attitudes reflected in the Qualification are building blocks that will be developed further in Level 5. The intention is:
• To promote the development of knowledge and skills that are required for the efficient performance of Debt Recovery functions in the Business, Commerce and Management Sector.
• To release the potential of people.
The FETC: Debt Recovery should produce knowledgeable, multi-skilled workers who are able to contribute to improved productivity and efficiency within the business sector. It should provide the means for current workers to receive Recognition of Prior Learning, to upgrade their skills and achieve a nationally recognised qualification. It should also assist new entrants to the business sector.
It will ensure that the quality of education and training in Debt Recovery is enhanced and of a world-class standard.
The FETC: Debt Recovery builds on the knowledge and skills already obtained in the Level 3 Certificate for Business Administration or Financial Services.