PURPOSE OF THE PROGRAMME
The purpose of this programme is to equip managers in all economic sectors with the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to manage the finances of a unit. These managers would typically be second level managers such as heads of department, section heads or divisional heads, who may have more than one team reporting to them.
On completion of this programme learners will be able to:
- Demonstrating an understanding of the key concepts of managerial finance
- Interpreting financial statements
- Drafting financial forecasts
- Drafting budgets according to operational plans of the unit
- Supervising the financial management of a unit against given requirements