PURPOSE OF THE PROGRAMME
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare a learner to operate as a Management Assistant.
The qualification provides an opportunity for the learner to acquire a range of skills to be able to coordinate the activities of the organisation and provide professional administrative and secretarial support to managers, either as part of a team or individually. They also coordinate activities of assigned personnel and provide current and updated relevant information to the manager as support for upcoming meetings.
The Management assistant can also function as a Senior or Executive secretary, depending on experience and is the gatekeeper who promotes the professional image of the manager and the organisation. The management assistant also needs to be able to manage special projects using resources given according to good governance procedures.
The qualified learner will be actively engaged in becoming a well-rounded, multi-skilled person, prepared for further, more specific study and a number of alternative career choices within the secretarial or personal assistant field.
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES
On completion of the programme you will be able to:
* Plan, organise and support department meetings and workshops.
* Apply appropriate personal and interpersonal skills to a range of situations to facilitate the smooth relations between internal and external stakeholders according to organisational standards.
* Apply basic knowledge of relevant administration governance, policies and procedures to manage resources effectively in the organisation.
* Plan, administer and provide support services to a special project within an organisation.
* Promote professional documentation by utilising effective and accurate information processing and research skills to enhance the professional image of the organisation or industry