Start date: 09 March 2022 / Applications close: 21 February 2022
PURPOSE OF THIS PROGRAMME
The Occupational Trainer is a qualified technical or occupational expert who is equipped with the ability to deliver training in their specific field of expertise. This qualification is aimed at potential or existing trainers who are responsible for delivering occupational learning programmes to trainees in the workplace. The occupational trainer must have current knowledge of the industry, the workplace and job/role of the person being trained and assessed.
The development of the capacity of Occupational Trainers through this qualification to deliver quality learning was recognised as a national priority by the Department of Labour at the initiation of the Quality Council of Trades and Occupations (QCTO) and the Occupations Qualifications Sub Framework (OQSF). It is also listed on the National Scarce Skills list: Top 100 occupations in demand.
The main aim of this qualification is to:
- Build and maintain the quality of provision of workplace training, given the important role it has to play more broadly within occupational training.
- Raise the status of those who facilitate learning in an industry or trade context.
- Begin a process for the on-going professional development of occupational education and training practitioners.
On completion of the programme you will be able to:
- Establish the profile, special needs and barriers to learning of learners within the specified requirements of the training programme.
- Prepare, adapt and align learning materials and resources for a training intervention in the workplace.
- Deliver training, evaluate and report on a learning intervention in the workplace.
- Gather evidence and make assessment decisions using given assessment tools.