At this course you will develop your assertiveness skills for a range of workplace situations. You will gain the tools and techniques to boost your confidence and be provided with practical guidance to develop your assertiveness skills in any work situation. You will leave the course knowing what key changes you need to make and what skills you need to practice in order to build your self esteem and improve your assertiveness techniques.
Who should attend?
All individuals and professionals who would like to improve their overall effectiveness at work by improving their assertiveness skills.
At the course, you will learn:
- How to say “no” to unreasonable requests
- How to ask for what you want
- What your own behavioural style is and how it affects your ability to be assertive
- To identify and challenge your negative inner dialogue
- The importance that language and body language play in assertive behavior
- How to approach conflict situations with more confidence
- What skills to practice to improve your relationships with difficult people
- How to deal with confrontation, criticism and negativity more effectively
Course Duration: 2 Days
Course Times: 08:30 – 16:30 daily
Course Cost: R 4 300.00 (excl. VAT) per delegate
- Develop an understanding of behaviour
- Dealing with criticism, confrontation, low self-esteem and negativity
- The link between assertiveness, confidence and self-esteem
- Handle challenging situations and people confidently and assertively
- Understand the importance of communication and body language in preventing conflict
- Managing conflict in the workplace
- An introduction to negotiating with others
- Your personal action plan
What is included?
- Practical exercises, discussion and one-to-one feedback from the course facilitator
- A brilliant trainer who is a subject matter expert
- A comprehensive learner guide packed with practical tips
- Post course support to assist you in implementing what you have learned
- Certificate of attendance which you will receive at the course
- Superior training venue with delicious lunch, teas and refreshments
- Secure Parking and Disabled facilities