The workshop focuses on meeting preparation, meeting procedure and practical exercises that will aid you when writing minutes.
Classroom exercises will enable delegates to practice their new skills in listening, note taking, summarising and selecting the most important points when writing and compiling minutes. These exercises are designed to be practical and offer an ideal opportunity for individual coaching. We encourage you to bring a sample of minutes you have produced, to review and refer to at the training.
Who should attend?
Essential for anyone who is, or will be, responsible for taking minutes in meetings.
At the course, you will learn:
- The objectives of meetings, the various types of meetings and the roles of the people who attend them
- Tips to help you summarise and take down the most important points
- The responsibilities of the minute taker
- To layout information in a style suited to your organisation
- Tried and tested note-taking techniques.
- To ultimately produce a clear, concise set of minutes.
Course Duration: 2 Days
Course Times: 08:30 – 16:30 daily
Course Cost: R 4 300.00 (excl. VAT) per delegate
- Effective meeting preparation
- The objectives of meetings
- The role of the minute taker
- Listening skills
- Note taking skills
- Principles of minute taking
- After the meeting
What is included?
- Practical exercises, discussion and one-to-one feedback from the course facilitator
- A brilliant trainer who is a subject matter expert
- A comprehensive learner guide packed with practical tips
- Post course support to assist you in implementing what you have learned
- Certificate of attendance which you will receive at the course
- Superior training venue with delicious lunch, teas and refreshments
- Secure Parking and Disabled facilities