Apply basic business ethics in a work environment.
Ethics concern an individual’s moral judgements about right and wrong. Decisions taken within an organisation may be made by individuals or groups, but whoever makes them will be influenced by the culture of the company. The decision to behave ethically is a moral one; employees must decide what they think is the right course of action. This may involve rejecting the route that would lead to the biggest short-term profit. Ethical behaviour and corporate social responsibility can bring significant benefits to a business and the lack thereof can have very significant consequences.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• All existing staff who have not attended a formal programme on ethics in business
• New recruits as part of their induction
• Entrepreneurs in start-up business
• Business owners and professionals
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
• Understand and externalise your own values and belief systems
• Relate your values to your organisational values and the constitution
• Explore and understand how values influence and determine behaviour
• Explore and understand how an individual can and should behave ethically in a business context
• Demonstrate techniques for dealing with situations where your values and ethics conflict with work