Duration: 1 Day
Official course name:
Describe and assist in the control of fraud in an office environment
Fraud and white-collar crime in general is at an all-time high in South Africa and is undermining legitimate business at every level. Fraud can only survive in an environment where it is detected, and good people do nothing to stop it, or where it remains un-detected. Every employee has a responsibility to assist in the detection of fraud and theft within his or her own organisation and within stake holder organisations associated with the employer. This course provides delegates with the necessary skills for first line identification and control of fraud.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• People working in administration or financial departments
• All supply chain staff
• Business owners
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
• Recognise fraud as it occurs in an office environment
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the legal aspects of fraud
• Understand internal processes around the investigation of fraud in an office environment.
• Analysing trends and the impact of fraud in business.
• Assist with control mechanisms used to contain fraud
WHAT WILL BE COVERED
• Defining and understanding what fraud is
• How to recognise and identify fraud risk areas
• The consequences of fraud for all parties
• Fraud detection, analysis and investigation
• Ways to control and reduce fraud