Building and empowering effective teams’ training consists of six modules that incorporates a variety of strategic planning, performance management and team effectiveness principles. It is a five day training course with theoretical input, interactive experiential exercises and practical examples that provide the learner with the knowledge and tools to build, develop and maintain effective teams; strategically aligned to the organisational goals and objectives.
This training course will provide the learner with the following competencies, skills and understandings:
Build teams to achieve goals and objectives:
- Develop, implement and evaluate an operational plan
- Define processes for developing clear, measurable and achievable goals, objectives and performance standards.
- Examine elements of an operational or business plan.
- Build techniques for identifying strengths and weaknesses.
- Design approaches to and tools for implementing actions.
- Develop systems for monitoring and evaluating the implementation of operational plans.
Devise and apply strategies to establish and maintain workplace relationships:
- Develop methods and techniques for the planning and implementation of projects.
- Understand and execute effective budgeting.
- Understand delegation of authority, responsibility and accountability.
Monitor team members and measure effectiveness of performance:
- Comprehensive understanding of organisation goals and objectives.
- Broad understanding of organisational performance standards and key result areas.
- Comprehensive understanding of reporting methods and techniques.
- Basic understanding of progress measurement methods and techniques.
- Comprehensive understanding of methods of giving constructive feedback and generally acceptable interpersonal techniques.
- Basic understanding of how to cope with aggressive behaviour and conflict situations.
Recognise areas in need of change, make recommendations and implement change in the team, department or division:
- Understand the psychological phases people go through when experiencing change.
- Deal with resistance to change.
- Overcome barriers to change.
- Understand tools and interventions for successful change processes.
- Recognise roles required to support the change process.
- Understand the role of creativity in change processes.
- Appreciate models for managing change.
- Know best practice guidelines.
Empower team members through recognising strengths, encouraging participation in decision making and delegating tasks.
Develop and implement a strategy and action plan for a team department or division:
- Design components of strategy
- Understand models for developing strategy
- Build techniques for identifying strengths and weaknesses e.g. SWOT analysis
- Design approaches and tools for strategy implementation e.g. Balanced Scorecard.
|Skills Programme||Unit Standard||NQF Level||Credits|
|Building and empowering effective teams.||252032||Core||Build teams to achieve goals and objectives.||5|
|252022||Core||Devise and apply strategies to establish and maintain workplace relationships.||5|
|15230||Core||Monitor team members and measure effectiveness of performance.||5|
|15214||Core||Recognise areas in need of change, make recommendations and implement change in the team, department or division.||5|
|15244||Core||Empower team members through recognising strengths, encouraging participation in decision making and delegating tasks.||5|
|15219||Core||Develop and implement a strategy and action plan for a team department or division.||5saq||27|