Our course approach delivers theoretical input, interspersed with experiential exercises, case studies and practical examples, and is conducted over 2 days.
The course material includes the following topics:
- Principles and Concepts of Emotional Intelligence:
- Understand what is meant by “emotional intelligence” or EQ;
- Understand the concepts of self-confidence, self-awareness (including the Johari window), self-esteem and locus of control;
- Demonstrate how your own EQ impacts on real-life situations.
- Impact of Emotional Intelligence
- Demonstrate how your own EQ impacts on your team members;
- Demonstrate how your own EQ impacts on real-life situations;
- Understand the positive and negative impact of emotional intelligence or the lack thereof;
- Understand the impact of EQ on leadership.
- Know how to motivate your team
- Behavioural Skills
Apply techniques for responding to situations in an emotionally intelligent manner;’
Demonstrate personal and interpersonal competencies when interacting with others, by:
- Identifying others’ body language in order to manage emotions;
- Behaving more assertively when dealing with others;
- Being able to deal with aggressive and submissive communicators;
- Reflecting emotional intelligence when giving and receiving feedback.
- Cultivating and improving Emotional Intelligence
- Understand your strengths and weaknesses;
- Identify and work on development areas.
- Stress Management
Understand how to manage your emotions, in particular anger and stress.