First Aid in the workplace is necessary to comply to General Safety Regulation 3: First aid, memergency equipment and procedures - an employer shall take all reasonable steps that are necesary under the circumstances, to ensure that persons at work receive prompt first aid treatment in case of injury or emergency.
1) Basic First Aid : Provide risk-based primary emergency care/first aid in the workplace.
- Emergency scene management.
- Rescue breathing, CPR and choking for adults, children and infants.
- Bleeding and wounds.
- Neck and spine immobilization and transportation.
- Fractures and dislocations.
- Thermal stress.
- Medical emergencies.
2) Advanced First aid in the workplace