How to Positively Influence Your Stakeholders
The goal for a board of directors focuses on ensuring the stability of your organisation and you need to maintain specific requirements and standards for the participation of the board. Serving on a board requires dealing with diverse personalities and possible conflicts as a result, but taking certain steps should ease tensions and lead to increased productivity. Taking action and knowing how to effectively manage a board of directors can improve your organisation. This two-day course will focus on how to deal effectively with board members and other important stakeholders in your organisation
Anyone who’s been approached to join a board recently could easily see the opportunity as more curse than blessing. But the truth is, directorships remain a vital function of business, and those who are successful at it are in great demand. Whether you’re under consideration for a board seat or just want a look inside the changing corporate boardroom, come to this workshop to learn what it means to be a director today — and what it takes to succeed in turbulent times.
Who should attend?
- Managing Directors
- Executive Directors
- Executive level managers
- Understand how the boardroom has changed
- Understand the pressures facing board members in the current economic and political climate
- How does the board work?
- What can I expect from the board?
- What is expected of me?
- How can I prepare for a directorship?
- What not to do at board level or at board meetings
- How can I empower my board?
- How to get the easy stuff out of the way.
- How to manage your board for maximum productivity
- What to say and when to say it
- Observe the 10/20/30 rule.
- Don't surprise your board.
- Pre-sell as much as you can.
- Present solutions, not questions.
- How to plan, prepare and execute effective board meetings
- Responsibilities of a company’s board of directors
- Rules of conduct for a company’s board of director
- Understanding and implementing corporate governance
- Board room behaviour and best practices
- How to make an impactful presentation to your board
- How to negotiate successfully with your board