An Interactive Approach to Business Strategy
This high level two-day workshop is an interactive, brainstorming approach to strategy planning and implementation. It deals with the importance, benefits and new trends in Strategic Planning, elements of the strategic planning process, using the most efficient organisational structure to implement your strategy, understanding the critical role leadership plays, explains different strategic approaches, using SWOT and PEST analysis, vision, mission and goal setting. It also focuses strongly on implementation and measurement, including how to manage all stakeholders through this critical business imperative.
Who should attend?
- Managing Directors
- Executive Directors
- Executive level managers
The Concept of Strategic Planning
- What is strategic planning and management?
- The importance and benefits of strategic management
- The strategic management process
- Elements of the strategic planning process
- Why strategic planning fails
- Understanding different organisational structures
- Organisational structures types
Understand the role leadership plays in executing strategy
- What are the qualities of a strategic leader?
- Strategic leadership styles
- Strategic differences between management and leadership
- The RACI principle of delegation, consultation, role division and work sharing
Different Strategic Approaches
- Short term planning
- Long term planning
- Functional strategies
Vision and Mission Statements
- Develop a strategic vision
- Develop a strategic mission
- Develop values and culture including GOOD to GREAT
- Develop a values checklist
- Goal Setting and execution
Internal and External Environment Analysis
- Definition of a SWOT Analysis
- Definition of a PEST Analysis
- How to do a SWOT Analysis
- Translating SWOT issues into actions
Strategic Measurement and Implementation
- How to measure whether your strategy is effective?
- Strategy realisation essential elements
- How effective is your strategy realisation?
- Strategy implementation
- Balanced scorecard approach
- Key performance indicators
- Michael Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Strategic Communication Tips
- Communicating important decisions
- Ten ways to give great presentations
How to sell your strategy and report on your strategy
- Stakeholder management tips