This learning programme will enable learners to demonstrate understand and skill in the management function of controlling resources and monitoring performance to ensure compliance to a plan.
This learning programme is intended for junior managers of small organisations, junior managers of business units in medium and large organisations, or those aspiring to these positions. Junior managers include team leaders, supervisors, foremen and section heads.
By the end of this learning programme the learner should be able to:
- Explain the role of a team leader in an organisation.
- Explain the purpose of a team.
- Contract with the team members to obtain commitment to achieve organisational standards.
- Implement, monitor and evaluate performance against team objectives and organisational standards.
- Explain the concept of budgeting pertinent to an area of responsibility.
- Determine the elements of a budget in an area of responsibility.
- Monitor and control actual expenses against budget.
- Identify internal and external customers, where applicable.
- Explain standards of customer service expected by the organisation.
- Measure customer satisfaction on an on-going basis.
- Recommend corrective action.
- Explain why organisations record and keep information.
- Identify and describe the type of records used to manage the team.
- Record and report team performance against team output.
- Write/sign effectively and creatively on a range of topics
- Choose language structures and features to suit communicative purposes
- Edit writing/signing for fluency and unity.
- Use mathematics to plan and control financial instruments.
- Use simple and compound interest to make sense of and define a variety of situations
- Investigate various aspects of costs and revenue.
- Use mathematics to debate aspects of the national and global economy.