This learning programme will enable learners to demonstrate understand and skill in the management function of leading a team to co-operatively achieve set out objectives.
This learning programme is intended for junior managers of small organisations, junior managers of business units in medium and large organisations, or those aspiring to these positions. Junior managers include team leaders, supervisors, foremen and section heads.
By the end of this learning programme the learner should be able to:
- Explain the concept of leadership.
- Differentiate between the concepts of leadership and management.
- Apply leadership techniques to individuals and teams within the work context.
- Evaluate the impact of the leadership techniques applied.
- Explaining the concept of personal ethics in relation to the moral compass.
- Describing the role of a code of conduct in a work environment, according to ethical principles.
- Upholding the code of conduct within the work team.
- Explain the importance of motivating a team.
- Demonstrate an understanding of self and team members in a workplace.
- Apply theories of motivation and group dynamics.
- Implement a plan of action to strengthen a team.
- Provide feedback and recognise achievements.
- Define the problem and Investigate the problem.
- Generate problem solutions.
- Implement solution(s).
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the solution.
- Critically analyse texts produced for a range of purposes, audiences and contexts.
- Identify and explain the values, attitudes and assumptions in texts.
Evaluate the effects of content, language and style on readers'/viewers' responses in specific texts.