While some people seem to be simply bursting with creativity, others find it a struggle to think outside the square. This course will teach you how to boost your creative juices.
In this course, you will identify ways to develop your creative side and build a creative environment. You’ll also learn a basic problem-solving process, individual creative thinking tools (such as the RAP model, shoe swap technique, mind mapping, metaphors, and toys), and team-based creative thinking tools (such as brainstorming, brainwriting, rolestorming, the stepladder technique, and slip writing).
Session One: Course Overview
Session Two: What Is Creativity and Innovation?
1. Creativity and Innovation: A Breakdown
2. Know Your Creative Potential
Session Three: Individual Creativity
1. Know Yourself
2. Boost Your Creative Juices
Session Four: Get Creative
Session Five: Developing the Right Environment for Creativity
1. What Does a Creative Environment Look Like?
2. Build Your Creative Environment
Session Six: Creativity and Innovation in Business
1. The Role of Creativity and Innovation in Business
2. The Birth of the Four Seasons: A Case Study
Session Seven: Where Does Creativity Fit Into the Problem-Solving Process?
1. Problem-Solving Models
2. Phase One
3. Phase Two
4. Phase Three
Session Eight: Defining the Problem
1. Problem Identification
2. Eight Essentials to Defining a Problem
3. Tie It All Together
4. Using the Power of Eight
Session Nine: Creative Techniques
1. The RAP Model
2. The Shoe Swap Technique
3. Walk A Mile
4. Using Mind Mapping
5. Map It Out!
6. Metaphors and Analogies
7. Make a Metaphor
8. Situation/Solution Reversal
9. Reverse It to Solve It
10. Bring on the Toys!
11. Draw It Out!
Session Ten: Encouraging Creativity In A Team
2. Plan It Out!
4. Act It Out!
5. The Stepladder Technique
7. The Slip Writing Technique
Session Eleven: Putting It All Together
1. Nancy Clue and the Case of the Software Upgrade
2. Create Ideas and Choose Your Solution