The Balanced Scorecard Professional Certification Programme provides participants with background and resources in all areas that are important to lead or participate on a team to build, implement, and sustain a balanced scorecard planning and management system in their organisation. The programme includes in-depth study of strategic thinking, strategic planning, organisation assessment, strategy mapping, performance measures and target setting, strategic initiatives, automation, cascading and strategic management.
Underwritten and Accredited by our global partners, The Balanced Scorecard Institute and The George Washington University, this programme is based on the Institute’s Nine Steps to SuccessTM balanced scorecard framework, and expands on other training workshops with additional process substance in each step, more advanced exercises, one-on-one interaction with senior staff, and additional resource material, software tools and templates.
The programme is taught in a highly interactive manner, using lectures, lessons learned, practical examples, case studies, software demonstrations, small-group exercises, a Performance Scorecard Toolkit, software tools and templates, and instructor reviews of participants’ existing scorecards. Topics covered by the course include:
- Comprehensive approaches to strategic planning, strategic management, performance measurement and target setting, initiative prioritisation, performance information systems, and programme evaluation
- The Institute’s Nine Step methodology for building and implementing balanced scorecard planning and management systems
- Organisation development practices, such as SWOT analysis, employee assessment planning, customer and stakeholder identification, and balanced scorecard programme planning
- Modern approaches to strategic thinking and strategy mapping
- Communications strategy development and change management aspects of the balanced scorecard journey
- Facilitation and coaching skills necessary to lead team workshops in the development of a balanced scorecard system for your organisation
- How to select appropriate software to collect and report performance information throughout the organisation
- How to cascade the enterprise scorecard throughout the organisation