This Conflict Resolution training - which we run publicly and in-house throughout South Africa - is a great programme for having Managers, Supervisors and Shop Stewards together in the training (Aligned to Unit Standard 242824; NQF level 4; 12 credits).
Through this Conflict Resolution training they will develop key leadership skills that will:
- enable them to lead others (and themselves) to vastly improved performance and sustained excellence.
- equip them with the necessary competencies to shift from a “them” vs “us” culture to building “win-win” relationships.
Suitable for: Line Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Shop Stewards
Course duration: 3 days
NQF level: 4
Course content and outcomes:
Through this Conflict Resolution Training, delegates will acquire the following understanding and competencies:
- Different leadership styles - and when to apply them
- Trust - what it is, and how important it is in the workplace
- Developing relational trust
- How to rebuild a relationship after a breach of trust
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of Supervisors and Managers
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of Shop Stewards
- The origins of trade unionism and its influence in South Africa’s transition
- Factors that cause conflict between Supervisors, Managers and Shop Stewards
- Conflict handling skills – The “third side” perspective
- Leadership and bargaining
- Positional bargaining
- Distributive bargaining
- Integrative bargaining
- Transformational bargaining