Through this Time Management Training - which is offered throughout South Africa - you will gain time management, planning and goal-setting competencies to achieve greater success in your personal and work life (Aligned to Unit Standard 242811: NQF level 4: 5 credits).
Suitable for: All employees
Course duration: 1 day
NQF level: 4
Course content and outcomes:
- What is time management, and why is it so important for success?
- The basic principles of time management
- Creating a task list
- Prioritising personal and team tasks
- Using and maintaining a diary
- Implementing and maintaining personal and team task lists
- Value clarification exercise – the basis for goal setting
- Clarifying your purpose and visions
- How do Vision, Mission, Values, Goals, Objectives, Strategy link together?
- Personal envisioning and setting of supportive objectives and goals
- Basing your vision, mission, objectives and goals on your values
- Identifying your vision, mission, objectives and goals for all 4 aspects of your life:
- Personal vision and goal setting – mental, physical and spiritual
- Family vision and goal setting
- Financial vision and goal setting
- Career vision and goal settings
- Taking ownership: Accountability and responsibility
- Planning, prioritization, resource allocation and time management
- Understanding the planning process
- Developing plans using a planning template
- Putting all the necessary resources in place
- Measuring and evaluating your progress
- The ABC’s of prioritization
- Handling interruptions
- Stop, speak, space, sort, sequence
“Time itself cannot be managed.
Therefore, in our Time Management Training we do not teach you to manage time… we teach you to manage the best use of your time!” Ron Scherer