Whether you aspire to work in a finance department or start and manage your own
business one day, this course will equip you with the skills to:
• Complete monthly bookkeeping to trial balance,
• Reconcile supplier statements, inventory systems and bank statements,
• Calculate PAYE, SDL and UIF remuneration,
• Do monthly EMP201 returns and EMP deadlines,
• Do annual EMP501, IRP5, IRP6 and IT3a documents and
• Do VAT 201 returns.
To qualify for entry into the ICB Junior Bookkeeping qualification you need:
• Grade 10 or equivalent,
• To be 16 years of age or older,
• No prior accounting knowledge.
The first qualification in the ICB’s successive bookkeeping and accounting
programme, the Junior Bookkeeping course covers the first four of twelve learning
areas. These are:
1. Bookkeeping to trail balance
2. Payroll and monthly SARS returns
3. Computerised bookkeeping
4. Business literacy
Once successfully completed you could work as an accounts clerk, debtors clerk,
creditors clerk or payroll clerk or you could progress to the next level of the ICB
study programme and do the ICB Senior Bookkeeping qualification.